Skip to content

Things You Need to Do When I Move to Doncaster

Things You Need to Do When I Move to Doncaster

When you arrive in Doncaster, it’s important to register with your local GP (family doctor) for surgery. Most people do this when they move house, and the process usually takes about 3-5 working days. 

You can find information about GP practices in Doncaster in the internet, including contact details and opening hours. The good news is that finding a doctor near where you live isn’t tricky; there are several surgeries very close to the town center.

The next thing you’ll need to do is apply for either an NHS or State Pension Record Extract if you haven’t already done so. You can get all of this info from our blog post on registering with the state.

If you’re planning to study in Doncaster, you’ll need to apply for a Student Finance statement and confirmation of acceptance for studies. This is a letter proving that you’ve got a place on your course and how much funding you can expect. You can find information about how to do this here. 

If you’re an EU student, please note that if your course is longer than three years, you’ll also need to show proof of income at some point during the second year (usually). 

If you don’t receive enough money from the government or your parents/careers are not earning above minimum wage. You can get benefits only after submitting an application form and having a face-to-face interview.

If you are receiving benefits, it’s worth knowing that many churches and charities in the area can provide food parcels, clothing, shelter, etc. 

Contact our local welfare rights team if you’re having problems with money or have just moved into a new home. They’ll be able to help!

Call NOW!